In the selection of professionals that we have made at the disposal of our community through the FD Marketplace there is also Joost Bergen, from Startupbootcamp. With his international professional experience we are sure that he will be able to make a great contribution to the growth of the emergent companies in the Italian fintech scenario. Let’s get to know him better!
From your point of view how is the fintech sector changing in these months and what will be the major trends?
- Due to Corona, Fintechs are gaining more traction as banks see the urgent need to digitize their processes, for example, take their ability to process loan applications from SME clients quickly
- Technology that enables working remotely with multi-cultural and multi-location professionals teams and that helps to engage with clients in a remote manner is becoming paramount
- Many organizations are in survival mode and not exploring new things. Only those with a strategic focus and of course those that deal with regulation
- Many investors are playing the waiting came. That said, some of them are putting more money in the companies in their portfolio that are more likely to make it.
How is the Italian Fintech ecosystem growing and how can it improve?
Since we have known the Fintech District we see that you continue to attract both local Fintechs and international ones. We believe that the links that the Fintech District has created in the past year to international ecosystems has and will continue to help the Italian fintechs to grow. An example is that based on discussions we had with one of the fintechs at the Fintech Distrct, we were able to link them to a Tier 1 international bank. We believe that there is a lot of potential to not only help the Italian Fintechs but also to bring more international players who want to scale to Italy to the Fintech District.
Four tips for startups and scale ups who want to collaborate with financial institutions?
- Be clear and very focused what you offer and what you don’t offer
- Partnerships are the name of the game—see how you can partner with other Bigtechs/ fintechs to be able to offer more and gain credibility
- Understand which problem you solve and how you add value and at what part of the value chain you do so
- Have you story ready end to end
Stay up to date on Fintech District’s activities and events,SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER