An exclusive evening of training as well as fun, to explore the opportunities and challenges of insurtech. This is the second edition of the Fintech Nights. We look forward to seeing you on 17th September on the rooftop of our headquarters in via Sassetti 32. Places are numbered, you can buy your ticket at this link from now or after reading in the next lines how the evening will actually take place. Without too much spoiling, here is the program, from the welcoming at 6 pm to the cocktail party: a special moment of networking under the stars.
The Fintech District team will open the evening with an overview of the theme and by launching some wide-ranging insights. We will start by telling you what Insurtech is and how this sector relates to the more traditional insurance world. We will surprise you by revealing how the history of insurance, born thousands of years ago, can still teach us something today. Of course, we will also venture in making some predictions for the future, asking ourselves and asking you what role insurance will play and, even before that, whether it will still be necessary to insure. Insurance has evolved and is still changing, as the onset of self-driving cars shows.
Below is an overview of the Insurtech market around the world to help understand market differences in terms of regulation, culture and size. We will focus on the most promising realities at an international level and on those entering the Italian market.
We can also observe interesting trends within our community. We will tell you about them to show you which are the business models present in Italy and what the startups operating in this sector think about the present and future of this market. Obviously, in this special evening, a section dedicated to Applied Innovation cannot be missing, with examples of collaboration between corporates and startups in the Italian market that will bring new ideas.
Special guests of the evening will be AXA and IBM who will talk to us about Insurtech through their concrete cases of innovation with a high technological slant.
AXA will show us the potential of the blockchain applied to the insurance world by talking about Fizzy, the first travel insurance based on blockchain and smart contract.
IBM will talk about how the IoT can transform insurance companies into preventive service companies.
During the evening, some insurtech companies from the Fintech District will also take part, bringing their own experience and point of view to the event.
By taking part in our second “Fintech Nights” evening you will be able to listen to and get to know Coverholder , Claider, GaiaGo, Healthy Virtuoso and Squarelife in person.
- Coverholder – Fully digitised insurance brokerage and underwriting from carrier to intermediary. Offered on Coverholder’s cloud platform as well as in White labels solutions and an API platform integrating carriers and distributors.
- Claider – Any claim, without pain. Claider is the revolutionary solution for digital insurance claims. The assistance App Claider supports claimants and the web app ClaiderNET supports claim handlers.
- GaiaGo – GaiaGO is a Mobility gatherer platform focused on the distribution of insurance products, aiming to offer a boost to sharing mobility models embedded into the territory.
- Healthy Virtuoso – Virtuoso is the first white box for health that helps health and life insurance companies to lower the risk and increase the margin while acquiring new customers, strengthen the loyalty of the existing ones and collect precious customer behavioural information for the development of the 4.0 data-driven insurance policies and services.
- Squarelife is an insurance company that invents, designs, develops, produces, distributes and sells digital insurance products and solutions, reaching its customers directly or through partnerships.
The other insurtechs present in our community are Riskapp, Poleecy, Lokky, MioAssicuratore, TechEngines. Visit the page dedicated to our startups to learn more.